Friday, November 5, 2010

It's been awhile.

So I haven't updated this in awhile.

Things are going a long alright. Our Lit Review is in the works - meaning it's "done" but is now going through editing. We've compiled our list of games and almost have our master list completed to analyze.

Next week we need to write our Methods section, but that shouldn't be too hard. Then all we will need is our introduction and our results/analyzation of those results.

I would say I am excited to see what we find out, but after compiling the list of games, I can tell how the data is going to look without even going into the minute details.

Either way, I think this project will look halfway decent when we're done.


- Leslie

1 comment:

  1. This might be a lost cause seeing as how this post is almost three years old, but I was wondering how the project turned out. I'm a senior at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs and I'm looking at embodied culture and knowledge within gaming as well as the possible applications of Lakhoff and Johnson's conceptual metaphor theory to help explain the physiological reactions to the game space. So far it slow going as there is very little written about contemporary games and society as is, and there is only so much of Caillois I can cover. Anywho, hope the project went well and good luck with the grad. school/job search or whatever your plans may be.
    - C. Denisen
    UCCS Anth/Soc Department
    Colorado Springs, Co. 80909
    cdenisen@uccs.edu

    ReplyDelete